Wednesday, March 13, 2013

L.M. Boelz, author of Syeribus Creatures of the Night, joins us for an interview....


 
Today, in the Forum, Lin Boelz is here to talk about her novels and stories. I have a feeling we’re in for an interesting interview.

Lin. Lin, would you like to have a seat now?

 


Tim Greaton: Seriously, it’s great to have you here, Lin. I have often compared the process of creating a story to preparing a stew. This analogy works particularly well for someone with your interests, doesn’t it?


Lin Boelz: I do love cooking. In my spice cabinet alone I have over 140 different spices. Recently I have gotten into making my own canned goods and cheese. Rather than your stew comparison, I would probably say cake. I love baking. I have gone so far as to order ingredients from Africa, England and India to bake a recipe that caught my eye.


Tim Greaton: Your mother had a difficult childhood that turned into a fascinating method of raising children. Could you tell us about that?


Lin Boelz: My mom lost her mother when she was five and was adopted by an aunt who had no children of her own. Her aunt turned out to be like Cinderella’s evil stepmother. Consequently, my mother’s childhood was filled with all work and no play. As a result, when she had kids of her own, she made up for lost time. When Dad would leave for work, the four of us, including Mom, would play hide and seek and tag in the house. Yes in the house, running and jumping on furniture.


Tim Greaton: So when you weren’t all running and playing together, did your family have any difficult times?


Lin Boelz: I remember one Christmas when my dad had lost his job. We barely had enough money for rent and a few groceries. That year, we all drew pictures and wrapped them in homemade paper. Though hard at the time, it is the Christmas that we now remember fondly and talk about the most. We learned that it is not what you own on the outside but what you own on the inside that matters: the gift of family love stays with a person for a lifetime.


Tim Greaton: We’ve already talked about your international recipe fetish. Do you have any other pastimes that you’d like to share?


Lin Boelz: Gardening is another of my hobbies; it ties in well with my cooking. I have started an herb garden and use the herbs to make medicine instead of taking manmade drugs. I also have a soapwort plant; I make soap out of the roots. I like to be close with nature.


Tim Greaton: People often say your writing makes it easy to visualize themselves in your scenes, which is a tremendous compliment. But there’s another comment you often hear. What is that?


Lin Boelz (grins mischievously): Some readers say I have a dark side.


Tim Greaton: I know you have a some works currently with retailers. What are those?


Lin Boelz: In all, I have nine short stories, a variety puzzle book, and two novels currently available. Syeribus Creatures of the Night is a two-book series. Vampire Dolls is a standalone novel.


Tim Greaton: So what else can readers expect in the near future?


Lin Boelz: I have two novels and short stories coming out by the end of April. I’m having an especially great time producing one project I pulled out of moth balls recently. It’s called my Prepper & Survival E-zine, where I share what I have learned about preparing for short- and long-term disasters.


Tim Greaton: Writers are always fun to hang out with because they seem to have the best stories about their pasts. Something happened to you when you were seventeen. Do you remember what I’m talking about?

 
See the rest of Lin Boelz fascinating interview right now at
 

Syeribus Creatures of the NightVampire Dolls The Legend of Adocinda



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :-)